Brians BIO: Naval Construction Battalion Center Public Affairs: Gulfport, MS 06/2016 - Present
Public Affairs Officer
Promoted from Assistant Public Affairs Officer. Charged with media/community outreach and managed internal information and media/communications programs. Served as ambassador and liaison for NCBC to the local community.
- Manned crisis communications testing in Emergency Operation Center; relayed real-time Hurricane Nate information to all audiences.
- Coordinated special events and ceremonies; collaborated with external stakeholders and secured venue; cultivated extraordinary working relationships to align with project goals.
- Won Senior Civilian of the Quarter and earned recognition by the installation director for improved media relations campaigns.
- Analyzed, gathered, and evaluated complex data; recommended specific courses of action to move forward on communication processes.
- Instituted new community outreach campaigns as well as supported local parades and festivals; disseminated information to appropriate agencies and highlighted local NCBC personnel and their mission.