The salary listed on this job posting is the starting salary range; amount offered will depend upon qualifications.
Assists in the department’s communication and media presences online and through traditional media outlets to promote programs and services by working to create a trusted source of information and public awareness and public education of the emergency management program throughout the City of Dallas. The ideal candidate will have strong communication and project management skills, familiarity with emergency management, and teamwork talents. This position will collaborate on programmatic emergency management efforts with partners in various City departments as well as with regional, state, federal, and private partners.
• Serve in various supporting and leadership roles during activations of the Emergency Operations Center.
• Manages, monitors, and maintains the departmental website and intranet; assists with content development, posts regular updates using the content management system, analytics, and evaluation, and performs other day-to-day website maintenance needs.
• Updates and regularly engages with the department's social media channels; develops content, makes daily posts, monitors social interactions, develops analytics reports, and regularly evaluates the effectiveness of online communications strategies.
• Designs, creates, and produces art, graphics, and other publications using the Adobe Suite or other professional design software.
• Develops marketing materials, messaging, and content for websites, e-newsletters, and social media; assists with researching and writing articles, news releases, talking points, event updates, blog posts, and newsletters.
• Assists in coordinating special events internally and with the community; takes photographs and video recordings at events and meetings, as needed.
• Conducts outreach to and building relationships with external partners, media, including TV, radio, newspapers, bloggers, and others.
• Collaborate with Communication, Outreach, and Marketing on emergency and crisis communications, graphics, and other materials as needed.
• Collaborate with or assist OEM team members on projects and assume other duties as assigned.
• Regular, reliable, and punctual attendance is an essential function of the job.
Bachelor’s degree from an accredited university.
Two (2) years professional experience. in communications, marketing, public relations, emergency management, public administration, or another related field.
BILINGUAL LANGUAGE SKILLS ( PREFERRED)
Bilingual Spanish (and English) Speaking Skills (preferred)
• Bilingual Spanish Speaker preferred
• Executing social media and/or marketing analytics and tracking techniques
• Developing and executing social media, community outreach, and/or marketing campaigns
• Developing and writing content to communicate relevant messaging to the right audience
• Website management and content creation utilizing a content management system such as WordPress or SharePoint web editor
• Creating marketing and/or educational videos for social media
• Serving as organization representative or spokesperson during on camera media interviews
• Experience in Emergency Operations Center activations preferred
• Must demonstrate strong skills in written and verbal communication
• The candidate must be highly motivated and work well both independently and in a team environment.
• Ability to multi-task and work flexibly in stressful situations.
• Experience in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint), Adobe Suite (or other graphic software) and any other relevant software. Reporting/Supervision: Position reports to the Assistant Emergency Management Coordinator
Something wrong with the posting? Report this job to maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.