DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Writes, edits and prepares news releases for distribution;
• Corresponds daily with the print and electronic media, as well as involvement in community-oriented Agency projects;
• Develops working rapport with electronic and print news media;
• Assists with special projects, events, and crime prevention presentations involving Agency members and the community;
• Uses and/or distributes information throughout social media to communicate information regarding Agency programs and services, including emergency and non-emergency information;
• Assists in preparation of public service announcements, speeches, and program proposals, including public engagements and radio announcements;
• Coordinates speaking engagements with business and/or community groups;
• Assists with public information requests from the media;
• May participate in Agency recruitment and community relations activities, occasionally involves out-of-county travel;
• Attends various community meetings;
• May assist and coordinate with Neighborhood Watch Groups;
• Creates custom power point presentations;
• Performs all other duties as assigned.
• Graduation from High School or possession of a High School Equivalency Diploma recognized by the State of Florida AND EITHER:
• Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with a Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely-related field; OR
• Graduation from a regionally accredited college or university with an Associate’s degree in Marketing, Journalism, Public Relations or a closely-related field AND four (4) years of experience in Marketing or Public Relations; OR
• Eight (8) years’ experience in Marketing or Public Relations; AND
• Must have a valid State of Florida Drivers’ License.
The Flagler County Sheriff's Office is committed to providing its citizens with a diverse, competent, trained and professional workforce by hiring highly qualified candidates. The FCSO is an Equal Opportunity Employer and strives to reflect the diversity found in the community we serve.
Something wrong with the posting? Report this job to maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.