Assists in the development and execution of Parkland media relations and community relations activities to promote the visibility and positive image of Parkland, its work and mission in the community as well as its marketing activities.
• Must be bilingual - English and Spanish
• Must have a bachelor’s degree in Communications or related area.
• Must have two (2) years of journalism, public relations and/or corporate communications experience.
• (May substitute an equivalent combination of education and experience for education and experience as stated above.)
Skills or Special Abilities:
• Must have exceptional verbal and written communication skills, to include excellent writing skills.
• Must be able to demonstrate basic computer skills, good organizational and decision-making skills, and attention to detail.
• Must be sensitive to political, cultural, and legal issues affecting hospital operation and be able to function independently and as a team member.
• Preferred - Experience with digital photography, software.
Facilitates proactive and reactive media and public relations activities to promote the visibility and positive image of Parkland, its work and mission in the community. Writes and issues press releases. Assists in tracking the department’s progress and successes in proactive and reactive media relations. Develops ongoing relationships with reporters and news directors at radio, print and television outlets. Develops talking points for every individual who will be interviewed. Creates detailed communication plans for large media/campaign assignments. Could be assigned stories to write for internal and external Parkland publications as needed.
Serves as a resource and liaison between the media and Administration, internal hospital system departments, physicians, hospital employees and patients, to provide oral and written communications support.
Acts as a liaison for Parkland in community organizations, as appropriate, to ensure representation in the community and to make positive community contributions on Parkland’s behalf.
Assists in organization and execution of special media events including press conferences, as well as in the promotion of marketing communication activities to support Parkland’s overall mission and goals.
Assists in department activities as required. Attends Parkland related committee meetings, as a representative of the department.
Assists with photography assignments to support press releases and other communications projects.
Identifies ways to improve work processes and improve customer satisfaction. Makes recommendations to supervisor, implements, and monitors results as appropriate in support of the overall goals of the department and Parkland.
Stays abreast of the latest developments, advancements, and trends in the field by attending seminars/workshops, reading professional journals, actively participating in professional organizations, and/or maintaining certification or licensure. Integrates knowledge gained into current work practices.
Maintains knowledge of applicable rules, regulations, policies, laws, and guidelines that impact the area. Develops effective internal controls designed to promote adherence with applicable laws, accreditation agency requirements, and federal, state, and private health plans. Seeks advice and guidance as needed to ensure proper understanding.
Something wrong with the posting? Report this job to maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.