Reporting to the Community Affairs Director, the Media Relations Specialist will assist with daily operations of the Office and provide information, files and records to members of the media as requested. Duties will include facilitating and providing on-camera interviews, utilizing agency databases, maintaining the agency’s website and social media platforms, assisting with the development of agency publications, and helping coordinate agency events. Adobe Creative Suite experience required, law enforcement experience and on-camera experience preferred. The schedule is Monday - Friday, 8 a.m. - 5 p.m., however, the candidate will be on an on-call rotation to assist the media after hours, issue news releases, manage social media, and respond to critical incidents. Candidate must also be available for occasional special events on nights and weekends.
Salary range upon hire: $57,891 - $65,891 (determined by acceptable prior related experience).
Long-term salary cap: $79,891.
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field.
- 4 years media relations/public relations experience.
- Social media experience.
- Adobe Creative Suite experience.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills.
- Self-motivated with a high level of initiative.
- Ability to work in a time-sensitive but highly confidential environment.
- Understanding of Florida Public Records law.
Something wrong with the posting? Report this job to maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.