About the Position
If you thrive in a dynamic environment where your keen eye for detail and ability to adapt can be utilized to their full potential, apply to join our team!
As the Emergency Communications Coordinator, you will be responsible for representing the Maricopa County Department of Public Health in all aspects of risk communications, including but not limited to media relations, plan writing and participation in regular emergency exercises.
We recognize your time is valuable, so please apply if you meet the following required qualifications.
• Bachelor’s degree in Public Relations, Communications, Journalism, or related field
• One year of experience developing and executing crisis and emergency risk communications plans OR a combination of post-secondary education and/or job-related experience may substitute for the minimum qualifications on a year-for-year basis.
Our Preferred Candidate has
• Three or more years of experience developing and executing crisis and emergency risk communications plans
• Three or more years of experience serving as a media spokesperson
• Certified in Incident Command Structure (ICS)
• Bilingual English and Spanish
Essential Job Tasks
The tasks listed are a representation and not an all-inclusive list of essential job tasks for this position.
• Updates and maintains emergency communications plans in coordination with the MCDPH Office of Preparedness and Response
• Participates in high-level emergency response events and exercises on behalf of the Communications Office
• Serves as a departmental spokesperson as needed on issues such as West Nile Virus, Flu, and Heat
• Supports proactive and responsive media efforts through relationships with outlets that reach diverse communities
• Trains department subject matter expert in media relations tools and techniques
• Works collaboratively with the marketing team to develop cohesive messaging through the department's social media channels
• Works collaboratively with partners such as city and towns, school districts, and County Emergency Management to align communication messaging
Something wrong with the posting? Report this job to maintain the quality of jobs. Thank you.